It's egg-tastic news - thanks to you, we've collected over 1,600 Easter Eggs and treats this year.
The final total was a record breaking 1,601 (we said it was over 1,600!) and those eggs have now been collected and delivered to the charities. You can see a list of those benefiting below, and hear from some of them too.
So once again a massive thank you to everyone who donated, and all the places that acted as official collection points for The Mix96 Easter Egg Appeal 2016, supported by Pitstop Hand Car Wash
Angie is from Florrie';
Lucy is from South Court & Walton Court Community Project;
Thanks to all these who acted as Drop Off points:
- Mix96 Studios - 11 Bourbon Street, Aylesbury, HP20 2PZ
- Aylesbury Library - Walton Street, Aylesbury
- Pitstop Hand Car wash - Unit 2, Gatehouse Way, Aylesbury, Bucks, HP19 8DB
- KaiLee Hair Designers - 40 Buckingham St, Aylesbury, HP20 2LH
- Buckingham Garden Centre - Tingewick Road, Buckingham, MK18 4AE
- The Robin Hood - 1 Brook St, Tring, HP23 5ED
- Arla Foods - College Rd N, Aston Clinton, Aylesbury, HP22 5FZ
- Roy Chapman Ltd - 22 Western Rd, Tring, Hertfordshire, HP23 4BB
- Canaletto Italian Restaurant & Public House - Bicester Rd, Aylesbury, HP18 0RB
- Bucks Fire & Rescue - Brigade HQ, Stocklake, Garside Way, Aylesbury, HP20 1BD
- Salon Fourteen - 14 Edison Rd, Aylesbury, HP19 8TE
- Buckinghamshire UTC - Oxford Rd, Aylesbury, HP21 8PB
- Cosine (UK) Ltd - Waterslade House, Thame Rd, Haddenham, Aylesbury, HP17 8NT
- Specsavers - 13/15 High St, Aylesbury, HP20 1SH
- Wendover Community Library - High Street, Wendover, HP22 6DU
- Princes Risborough Library - Bell Street, Princes Risborough, HP27 0AA
Charities that will benefit from your donations:
- MPS Society
- Pepper Foundation
- Aylesbury Women's Aid
- R U Safe (Barnardos)
- Thomley Centre
- Connections FS
- Chat Charity
- Life Charity
- Carers Bucks
- Supporting Family Resilience Service – Aylesbury Vale
Here are some quotes from charities we've donated eggs to:
A big thank you to all the listeners of Mix96 for their kind donations of easter eggs. Our customers who have received these donations have been most grateful as these are things that they may not be able to provide for their children.
The eggs donated through the kindness and generosity of Mix96 and its listeners will help spread some Springtime joy to every sick child our Florrie’s Children’s Team help care for – currently 40 families across Aylesbury Vale – often ‘round the clock’. This lovely treat will help bring a bit of sunshine to their day - not only to the sick child who will be thrilled to receive a chocolate Easter egg to perhaps share with a brother or sister but to the entire family.
The eggs very generously donated by listeners of Mix96 will be used in a children’s tombola at our National Conference, something for the children to take part in as part of their special childcare programme of fun and activities. For many of our children, given the many demands on family life, the fun of the tombola and the toys they will win will bring great enjoyment.