A Good Idea? A Part Of The Local NHS Is Changing it's Name!
12:41pm 8th October 2010
(Updated 5:18pm 8th October 2010)
The part of the NHS that manages Stoke Mandeville, Amersham and Wycombe hospitals is changing its name.
The move is a legal requirement after Buckinghamshire Hospitals NHS Trust (who manage hospitals) merged with Community Health Buckinghamshire (who managed 1500 staff in community health teams, therapy teams, community nurses, community hospitals).
The merged organisation will be known as Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust..
- The new organisation can't be called i.e. DAVE, as the name must reflect what services it offers!
- Officials say the name must legally change after the merger because the organisation now has a new constitution
- We’re told the change shouldn't cost a large amount of money (although exact figures haven't been disclosed) as there isn't large amounts of letterheads in storage "or stacks of printed paper that need throwing out" says Sheryl Pope, Director of Strategy and System Reform.
- The new organisation is separate to NHS Buckinghamshire (which pays for services and used to be Bucks Primary Care Trust)
- There will be new signs going up to reflect the new name!
- Current NHS vans that carry the old logo won't change in the short term
- The name change suggests that there is no plan to merge the 2 main separate parts of Buckinghamshire NHS (i.e. NHS Bucks and now Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust).
Anne Eden, Chief Executive of the new Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust told Mix96 “We felt it was important to change our name to reflect the wide range of services we now offer patients from our hospitals and also in community settings and in people’s own homes. In addition, discussions took place with staff across the organisation alongside patient representatives to evolve our five patient promises to reflect our extended range of services which underpin everything that we do"
Still confused? Click play to hear Sheryl Pope (pictured) Director of Strategy and System Reform speaking to Mix96 reporter Andrew Kay
Share This StoryTweet
|Get the latest local news direct to your inbox.
Sign up now for our email updates.
Local Activities To Celebrate Older People in Aylesbury Vale
AVDC have compiled a list of activities for older people ahead of International Older People's Day on 1st October.
Aylesbury Local Evicted For 2 Years Of Noise Disturbance
A person from Aylesbury has been evicted for persistent noise disturbances.
Man Seriously Injured in Hit and Run near Aston Clinton
Local: A man's in a critical condition after being run over near Aston Clinton this morning.
New Energy Substation, Future Of Aylesbury Civic Centre, And A Bigger Tesco In Buckingham
Local: 3 major planning applications will be looked at today
Double agent Garbo's homesick wife almost blew his cover
National: Top secret files about the Spanish MI5 agent described as "the greatest double agent of the Second World War" reveal that his homesick wife nearly blew his cover, a move that might have changed the course of the conflict.
HS2: 'It's Stolen My Time & Things I'd Promised Myself For 40 Years'
Local: Stan Mason is 79 and has been fighting the High Speed route for over 6 years. We wanted to see how that's affected him
Brad Pitt to miss Voyage Of Time premiere due to 'family situation'
Showbiz: Brad Pitt has cancelled an appearance at the LA premiere of his latest film project due to his "family situation".
Sam Allardyce leaves England manager's job after newspaper sting
Sport: Sam Allardyce has left as England football manager after being caught in a newspaper sting.