Chiltern Cycle Challenge Reduced Entry Fee Ends Today
8:00am 18th December 2011
It's the last chance today to register for an Early Bird reduced fee, for the 2012 Chiltern's Cycle Challenge.
The 10K, and 35 and 75 mile routes raise money for the Iain Rennie Grove House Hospice Care - supporting families dealing with the difficulties of life-limiting illness.
Next year's event takes place in March - and organisers hope to raise at least as much as this year's event - £40,000.
The event is set to return to Aylesbury on Sunday 25 March 2012. This year's event saw over 400 riders take to the roads. Anyone with a bike and a desire to keep fit for a good cause is now being invited to sign up for next year's event and take advantage of a special early bird offer if they register before 19 December.
IRGH Event Fundraiser Kerri Coote told Mix96 "We were absolutely delighted with the first Chilterns Cycle Challenge in March and we're determined to make next year's event bigger and better! We're calling on everyone from cycle enthusiasts to occasional cyclists to sign up, enjoy our beautiful routes and raise money to support local families dealing with the difficulties of life-limiting illness. If people sign up now, they have a date in their diary to work towards and, especially if they choose the longer routes, they will be able to plan some training rides over the next few months. What better come the New Year than to have a ready made resolution to help our nurses to carry on caring?"
The Chilterns Cycle Challenge offers three different routes to cater for all ages and fitness levels.
A 10K family route will take riders on a largely off-road route following the Gem stone cycle ways around Aylesbury.
The 35 mile route takes cyclists out to Kimble, Longwick and as far as Bledlow Ridge, before weaving its way back to Aylesbury through Hampdens and Butlers Cross.
The ultimate 75 mile challenge follows a beautiful route through the Chilterns countryside going out to Kimble, Longwick, Stokenchurch, Amersham, Ashley Green and then back past Berkhamsted to Aylesbury. All routes will depart from Aylesbury Town Centre with staggered starting times to avoid congestion.
Registration is open now on www.rennieway.org and if entries are received by 19 December, the early bird discount of £12.50 for adults and £5.00 for children will apply. After this date the entry price will be £15 for adults and £7.50 for children.
Under 5s are free. All entry fees include a medal and a t-shirt. For further information or to register over the phone, please call the Fundraising Team on 01442 820740.
IAIN RENNIE HOSPICE
* Iain Rennie Hospice at Home (IRHH) has provided specialist nursing care for patients in the Chilterns with a life-limiting illness, giving them the choice to be cared for in their own home, since 1985.
* Grove House offers care, support and information to patients and their families affected by life-limiting illness in St Albans, Harpenden and Dacorum, both in the hospice and at home.
* Each charity cares for around 1,000 patients a year - and supports family members following diagnosis and after a patient has died.
* IRHH and Grove House integrated patient services in April 2010, giving 100 more patients access to 24/7 call-out nursing care in the first 12 months of partnership working.
* In 2011 / 12 IRGH needs to raise more than £6 million to meet the increased demand for its services.
* Supporters can choose where their donation is spent - funding vital hospice care in their local area.
* All services continue to be offered to patients and their families completely free of charge.
* IRGH has a range of volunteer opportunities to support all aspects of the organisation. Find out more at www.irhh.org/volunteer or www.grove-house.org.uk/Get-involved/Volunteering .
Share This StoryTweet
|Get the latest local news direct to your inbox.
Sign up now for our email updates.
Hundreds Sit 11+ Test Today
It's then a wait of a month before they find out if they'll be off to a grammar or other secondary school next September.
Rising Youth Population Poses Challenges For County Council
The county council have detailed a 5 year plan on how they'll support children and young people in Bucks.
Council Tax - Bills in Mix 96 area to freeze.. or even FALL!
Local: Bucks County Council expect to agree a freeze on Council Tax bills in a meeting today, South Oxfordshire say they're going to REDUCE bills!
Local Charity Offers DofE Opportunity To Anyone Interested
Local: Action 4 Youth will now help anyone wanting to take part in the DofE Award.
Man and woman held on suspicion of murder over baby girl bus death
National: A man and woman have been arrested on suspicion of murder after a baby girl was found unresponsive on a bus.
HS2: 'It's Stolen My Time & Things I'd Promised Myself For 40 Years'
Local: Stan Mason is 79 and has been fighting the High Speed route for over 6 years. We wanted to see how that's affected him
A stream come true: Spotify with karaoke twist launches in Japan
Showbiz: Spotify has unveiled plans to launch in Japan, with a new lyrics feature that is designed to appeal to the country's love for karaoke.
Rugby player Anthony Mundine urges Australia anthem boycott
Sport: A former rugby league star is urging a boycott of the national anthem to raise awareness of the treatment of indigenous Australians.
Indian commandos carry out 'surgical strikes on militants'
World: Indian commandos have carried out a series of "surgical strikes" on suspected militants along the border with Pakistan in Kashmir.