Self-employed Commercial Cleaner
The Mop & Bucket Co has been serving commercial businesses and homeowners in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire for over 5 years. Our custom cleaning solutions, quality assurance program, professional people and responsive service levels have set us apart in the market and contributed to our growth. Self employed Commercial cleaners play a key role in our growth and customer retention by consistently providing quality cleaning services to our valued customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilise the client’s customized commercial cleaning checklist to perform all tasks to the standards established by The Mop & Bucket Co. Common tasks include:
- Dust furniture, equipment, partitions, walls, etc.
- Clean and disinfect sinks, countertops, floors, toilet, mirrors, tables, chairs, refrigerators, microwaves, etc in restrooms, break rooms and/or kitchenettes
- Replenish supplies in toilets, break rooms and kitchen
- Sweep, mop, vacuum and/or hand scrub floors using brooms, mops and vacuum cleaners
- Empty bins and recyclables into disposal areas
- Wipe down walls and woodwork, doors, wall hangings, baseboards, etc.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented – pays attention to details at each customer’s location, with extra attention to any special requests.
- Friendly and Professional – able to deal with customers when they are on-site while cleaning is being performed
- Team player – ability to work within a team where members depend on each other to get work done.
- Self starter - able to identify work that needs to be done and do it without being instructed to do so.
- Desire to learn, seek new challenges and take on additional responsibilities
- Reasoning ability. Good common sense with ability to solve practical problems.
Education, Certifications and/or Experience
- Experience in a service environment is preferred, but not required.
- Experience/knowledge of COSHH advantageous
- Ability to speak and write English fluently and relay information between the team, customers and office staff.
- Physical demands include walking and standing, climbing, bending, kneeling to clean floors by hand, push and pull objects, lift and move objects, repetitive bending and lifting, and repetitive arm movements.
- Travel to / from customers business is required.
How We Will Measure Success
- Customer satisfaction levels based on surveys
- Customer retention
- Quality assurance scores based on manager surveys and feedback