Florence and The Machine: You've Got The LoveiTunesAmazon

Mix96 News

Drugs gang operating out of Aylesbury sentenced

Eight people were sentenced for their UK wide drug supply network

Published by Scarlett Bawden-Gaul at 4:22pm 14th February 2020. (Updated at 6:13pm 14th February 2020) 4-minute read.

Drugs gang operating out of Aylesbury sentenced

A drugs gang that operated out of Aylesbury have been sentenced. 

The major drugs operation involved gang members transporting cocaine from Liverpool and Glasgow to Aylesbury.

Run by 38 year old Elliot Thomson, there were also plans to import more than three tonnes of cannabis from Morocco to distribute in the UK. 

Thames Valley Police started monitoring the gangs movements in January 2019 and identified a pattern of travel to and from Aylesbury. 

The first arrests were made in July, when two couriers were picked up driving back from Glasgow, Police seized a kilo of cocaine from their car.

Thames Valley Police’s Superintendent Katy Barrow-Grint, said:

“Thames Valley Police remains committed through our Stronghold operation to tackle serious and organised crime and exploitation through partnership.

“This investigation involved significant partnership working with Police Scotland, Merseyside Police and Dyfed Powys Police among a number of others in order to dismantle this organised crime gang and loosen its significant and detrimental impact on the Aylesbury community.

“Shockingly in this case some of the drugs seized contained only 17% cocaine. The other 83% was Phenacetin, a substance that was used to relieve pain but was banned in the 1980s as it was found to be carcinogenic and have kidney damaging effects.  

“This highlights that when you buy cocaine you never know what you are actually taking and the serious health effects it could have on you.

“Thames Valley Police remains fully committed to targeting those who seek to make the lives of others a misery through drug dealing and serious and organised crime, and also to raising awareness of the impact that purchasing drugs can have on you and others.”

Senior Crown Prosecutor Rebecca Waller for the CPS said:

“We worked closely with Thames Valley Police to build a case to prove the defendants’ involvement in this major drugs trafficking operation and ultimately disrupt their network. 

“It took evidence from phone conversations, CCTV, forensics, phone location data and police surveillance to link the gang’s activities and, as a result, today’s sentences mean that this group of criminals are no longer on our streets supplying dangerous drugs.”

The sentences are as follows:

  • Elliot Thomson (DOB 12/8/81) pleaded guilty to conspiring to supply Class A drugs (sentenced 9 years 10 months’ imprisonment) and to conspiring to import Class B drugs (sentenced to 6 years 4 months’ imprisonment concurrent).
  • Isa Ali (DOB 4/6/80) pleaded guilty to conspiring to supply Class A drugs (sentenced to 7 years 2 months’ imprisonment) and to conspiring to import Class B drugs (sentenced to 4 years 4 months’ imprisonment concurrent).
  • Mark Greenhow (DOB 31/8/75) pleaded guilty to conspiring to import Class B drugs and cultivating cannabis plants. He was sentenced to 1 year 2 months’ imprisonment, suspended for two years.
  • Devon Blackman (DOB 22/10/92) pleaded guilty to conspiring to supply Class A drugs and was sentenced to 3 years 2 months’ imprisonment.
  • Danielle Shaw (DOB 14/6/91) pleaded guilty to conspiring to supply Class A drugs and was sentenced to 3 years 4 months’ imprisonment.
  • Marcel Morgan (DOB 25/5/91) pleaded guilty to conspiring to supply Class A drugs and was sentenced to 2 years 6 months’ imprisonment.
  • Stephan Kazeri (DOB 11/10/85) pleaded guilty to conspiring to supply Class A drugs and was sentenced to 4 years’ imprisonment.
  • Luke Evans (DOB 30/3/90) pleaded guilty to conspiring to supply Class A drugs and was sentenced to 3 years 4 months’ imprisonment.

All defendants were sentenced today (14 February 2020) at Aylesbury Crown Court.

Email Icon

Sign up for exclusive news, competitions and offers.
Proper Local News updates from Mix96