Kylie Minogue: Spinning AroundiTunesAmazon

Mix96 News

Advice on accessing Bucks' health services over the bank holiday

We're being reminded that 111 services are the first port-of-call for any concerns.

Published by Dan Gooding at 11:35am 22nd May 2020. 3-minute read.

Advice on accessing Bucks' health services over the bank holiday

As the Bank Holiday weekend gets started, we're being reminded about accessing health services at the moment.

If you need medical help or advice this bank holiday Monday (25 May), the NHS 111 service is here for you to offer guidance or arrange a consultation with a healthcare professional if necessary.  

Most pharmacies will also be running across Buckinghamshire.

    • If you have coronavirus symptoms, you should stay at home.
    • If your symptoms worsen, refer to the NHS111 online coronavirus service.
    • If you have a medical problem which is not related to coronavirus, GP services will be available via NHS 111.
    • If possible, use the NHS 111 online service at
Woman on the phone
You can call 111 if necessary

But if you cannot access the internet, or need further assistance, you can call NHS 111.

You will then get a call back so you can get advice and guidance on your illness and injury, and further treatment can be arranged if necessary.

Most pharmacies will also be open on the bank holiday, although they will be operating reduced hours. Full details of pharmacy opening times can be found at

You can also search for your nearest pharmacy by postcode at

If you do go to a pharmacy, on Monday or at any time, follow the social distancing guidelines and any other measures that may be being taken to protect both you and their staff.

Hospital A&E services will be running as usual, and if it is an emergency, call 999.

A& E  Stoke  Mandeville  Hospital
A&E is still open

Dr Raj Bajwa, GP and Chair of NHS Buckinghamshire Clinical Commissioning Group, said:

"Medical advice and attention is available via NHS 111 over the bank holiday.

"So if you have any healthcare concerns, please use the NHS 111 online service first and this will guide you to the right service - for example, a GP consultation, the Urgent Treatment Centre or A&E.

"And remember, our pharmacies offer very helpful medical advice and over-the-counter treatments for many illnesses or minor cuts and scrapes.  If you are experiencing a genuine medical emergency, however, please always call 999."

Email Icon

Sign up for exclusive news, competitions and offers.
Proper Local News updates from Mix96