: Waiting for next track...

Mix96 News

Aylesbury High Street shop damaged by fire

A man had to be treated after breathing in smoke on Monday night.

Published by Dan Gooding at 5:40am 26th May 2020. (Updated at 5:57am 26th May 2020) 2-minute read.

Aylesbury High Street shop damaged by fire

A shop on Aylesbury's High Street has been badly damaged by fire.

It broke out in a tanning salon near Market Square yesterday evening, with roads sealed off whilst emergency services dealt with it.

A man had to be treated after breathing in smoke.

Three fire appliances and crews from Aylesbury, two from Thame and three officers attended.

The ground floor was 20 per cent damaged by fire and the ground, first and second floors were 100 per cent damaged by smoke.

There was light smoke damage to neighbouring properties.

A man suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke was left in the care of South Central Ambulance Service.

Thame Fire Station originally tweeted the fire was at a pub, but it was at the tanning salon

Firefighters used two hose reels, four sets of breathing apparatus, two fans and a toolkit. 

Firefighters left the scene at 9.45pm and reinspected the building at 11pm.

Email Icon

Sign up for exclusive news, competitions and offers.
Proper Local News updates from Mix96