Two Buckinghamshire men bailed after shooting

Amin Ahmed Ismail

8:37am 30th May 2011

Two men arrested in connection with the shootings in Fishermead, Milton Keynes have been released on police bail until 28 June 2011.

Det Supt Rob Mason, leading the investigation said: "The investigation is moving at a fast pace and we are following a number of leads. As with any live investigation I am limited in what information I can give out to the public. What I can say is that we have a large team of officers dedicated to this investigation and they are busy conducting house to house enquiries, speaking to witnesses and viewing hours of CCTV footage.

I am convinced that we will find whoever was responsible for the deaths of these two young men."

DS Mason added "We now know that our victims visited the Xscape and left there via the Virgin exit at approximately 9.41pm. They then walked back to the estate and were last sighted in the vicinity of X-Trim barbers shop in Gurnards Avenue at about 9.50pm. We would be keen to hear from anyone who saw our victims in the last few hours leading up to their deaths and particularly as they walked back from the Xscape building.

The response from the public and the local Fishermead community has been excellent and I would like to thank anyone who has contacted us with information. This crime has left many people shocked and saddened and we will do all we can to catch the person or people responsible
."

The coroner has revealed the post-mortem examinations carried out on Friday on the two men who died following a shooting in Milton Keynes, and has identified the cause of death for both victims as gunshot wounds to the head.

Monhamed Abdi Farah, aged 19, who died at the scene, sustained a single gunshot wound to his head.

The second victim, Amin Ahmed Ismail, aged 18, who died at Milton Keynes General Hospital yesterday afternoon, sustained two gunshot wounds to the head.

Amin's family have issued a photograph of their son (pictured).

A 13 year-old boy, also arrested as part of the investigation, has been released on police bail until the middle of June.

THE SHOOTINGS

A large part of Milton Keynes was closed on Friday morning, after a man was shot dead, at around 10pm Thursday night the Fishermead area.

Det Supt Rob Mason, who is leading the investigation, said:  “Clearly we are at the very early stages of our investigation in to this incident which happened at Fishermead Boulevard.

“A large area of Fishermead is currently sealed off while officers carry out investigations and protect the scene.

“I appreciate that residents will feel concerned about this incident. However, there is a large, and highly visible police presence in the area.

“I also appreciate that there will be a lot of rumour and intrigue in the community. However, we are at the very early stages of this investigation and as such cannot speculate on possible reasons for the attack.

“I would ask that anyone who has any information about this incident contacts Thames Valley Police urgently.”

Anyone with any information about this incident should contact Thames Valley Police via             0845 8 505 505 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting            0845 8 505 505      end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Share This Story

Delicious Submit this page to reddit
Email Icon Get the latest local news direct to your inbox.
Sign up now for our email updates
.

Comments

No comments have been posted and approved yet.

Submit a Comment

Please log in to comment on this page.

Suggested articles
N'SOMI.FEYI 1 Mar 2017 (1)

Men fined for dumping drawers

They left the furniture in a field near Aylesbury last summer

Thames Valley Police

Stones thrown at two drivers on same road

The police are connecting the two incidents.

Most read
julie bainbridge

Fund started for 13-year-old after mum's death

Reece from High Wycombe tragically lost his mum last week and now has no parents.

Watermead Crematorium 1

Judge 'quashes' Watermead Crematorium plans

Construction is already underway

Newer article

AVDC receive Anti-ARLA signatures

Local: First batch of 2000 names handed into council today against mega-dairy plans.

Older article

4 Thousand Pound Fine Over Death Of Bicester Man

Local: A Buckinghamshire company has been fined over the death of a forklift truck driver.

Top articles

School runs 'need to be healthier' says committee

Local: The two month long inquiry at BCC looked at how we can make the school run more active.

Well-wishers donate £350,000 to PC Keith Palmer's family

National: The public has donated more than £350,000 to an online fund for the family of murdered police officer Keith Palmer.

HS2: 'It's Stolen My Time & Things I'd Promised Myself For 40 Years'

Local: Stan Mason is 79 and has been fighting the High Speed route for over 6 years. We wanted to see how that's affected him

Cinema in a cave? Why not!

Local: The Chiltern Vintage Cinema is popping up in quirky locations

Sizing John, ridden by Robbie Power, wins the Cheltenham Gold Cup

Sport: Sizing John, ridden by Robbie Power, has won the Cheltenham Gold Cup ahead of Minella Rocco and Native River.

Disney won't digitalise Carrie Fisher's image in new Star Wars film

World: Disney has confirmed that Carrie Fisher's final performance as Princess Leia Organa in the next Star Wars film will not be changed.