MP's Begin To Hear Submissions Over HS-2
12:42pm 21st June 2011
The first of a series of official hearings into the case into High Speed 2 has taken place today.
The controversial line would have trains would running at 250mph from London to the North, via Buckinghamshire, and would be the fastest in Europe.
It's 5 weeks until the deadline for the public to make their views known - and comes ahead of another PRO-HS-2 event in London tomorrow.
Click HERE to see Louise Ellman is the Chair of the Commons Transport Committee explain what the Commons Transport Committee will be doing in the hearings, and why.
Today, MPs from the Commons Transport Committee take evidence from diverse witnesses including:
- Stephen Joseph, Chief Executive, Campaign for Better Transport
- Chris Nash, Research Professor, University of Leeds
- Christian Wolmar, Railway author and broadcaster
- Michael Roberts, Chief Executive, Association of Train Operating Companies
- Richard Eccles, Director of Network Planning, Network Rail
- Anthony Smith, Chief Executive, Passenger Focus
- Lord Berkeley, Chairman, Rail Freight Group
- Nicolas Petrovic, Chief Executive, Eurostar
- Pierre Messulam, Rail Strategy and Regulation Director, SNCF
Share This StoryTweet
|Get the latest local news direct to your inbox.
Sign up now for our email updates.
Count-down to Armed Forces Day begins
Buckinghamshire's event had a launch in Aylesbury
Work begins on new flats and restaurants in Aylesbury
'The Exchange' is due for completion in October next year.
Huge £31k in donations to hospice's appeal
Local: Rennie Grove have only been asking for cash for a few weeks
HS2: 'It's Stolen My Time & Things I'd Promised Myself For 40 Years'
Local: Stan Mason is 79 and has been fighting the High Speed route for over 6 years. We wanted to see how that's affected him
Jake Gyllenhaal to fight Islamic State in new drama
Showbiz: Jake Gyllenhaal is re-teaming with Life director Daniel Espinosa in a drama about an American who joins the war in Syria.
Sizing John, ridden by Robbie Power, wins the Cheltenham Gold Cup
Sport: Sizing John, ridden by Robbie Power, has won the Cheltenham Gold Cup ahead of Minella Rocco and Native River.